Wednesday, February 13, 2013

First OB appointment!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Today was my first OB visit to meet my doctor, confirm my pregnancy and get my annual check-up!

I chose WomanCare in Palatine because they offer evening and weekend hours, so I won't have to take time off work for my appointments. My OB is Dr. Kasinak and she is very nice and calm, very calm...almost like alarmingly so. But that is good because after I realized that she really has our best interest and knows what she is doing, her calmness will be helpful when I deliver.

Dr. K talked to us about a few things, but mainly confirming details about the beginning of my last period, etc. She performed a pap smear, which kinda freaked me out until she assured me that the cervix is 'separate' from the uterus and it is perfectly safe to do the exam. She told us that I look healthy and everything appears to be fine :) After the exam, to confirm the pregnancy, I provided the lab with a sample of my urine and within 1 minute the nurse came back with our positive test results! Dr. K did tell us about 5 times that the store bought tests are typically accurate, but women tend to come in to confirm anyway.

Plus, having my OB confirm just made is that much more special :)

Here is my happy husband and proud father-to-be holding our doctor's positive test results:

So excited to be 5 weeks pregnant! My first ultrasound is March 6, when we should be able to hear Baby R2D2's heart beat!!!!

Yeah - we nicknamed our Baby R2D2 until we find out the sex. Curtesy of Michael Durdan.

No comments:

Post a Comment