Monday, May 6, 2013

Baby Cuffe Kicked!


I have not kept up on detailing baby news lately, so I wanted to catch up.

Around 15-1/2 weeks, I could feel some strange movements that I did not recognize. I researched my "symptoms" and learned that there are common feelings that have been called "butterfly flutterings", "quickening", "goldfish swimming" and popcorn popping" sensations. I realized that what I thought were muscle twitches, actually came from inside and were near my uterus, so I suspect that it was "quickening" as it felt very rapid, like a vibration.

Around 16 weeks, I had felt a tiny, light push here and there. Then on Friday, May 3, after eating a chocolate-covered donut, for about 5 hours on and off, I was feeling little pushes or kicks! It was amazing and very strange. That following weekend, I was hoping for more so that William could maybe feel something, but nothing happened. I thought I felt a light "popcorn popping" sensation once or twice randomly but there was no way to get him to feel anything. I was sad that it has not been more constant, but I know that in time it will get stronger and eventually William will be able to feel it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment