Wednesday, March 6, 2013

First Ultrasound!

Wednesday, March 6 -

First Ultrasound at 8 weeks! Baby Cuffe is healthy, the size of a raspberry and his/her tiny heart is beating 160 times per minute!

William and I were so excited to finally see our little miracle and watch the tiny heart beating so fast. I really thought I was going to tear up, but as the ultrasound was transvaginal, it wasn't exactly comfortable. The tech had to push on my stomach and push my bowel out of the way so that she could get a good view of the fetus. But once she did, it took my breath away. After she confirmed what we were looking at, to actually see what we've been waiting to see for so long, I just stared in awe and smiled.

After the tech took her measurements and picture of our baby, she printed the scans out and we high-fived! Go Team Cuffe :) Then scheduled our 12 week ultrasound.


I actually find myself tearing up while writing this. Conception and creation is a miracle and I'm so blessed and honored that I get to experience it! 

William and I agreed that we are going to go public and share our news now. We're so excited and it may be earlier than the 12 week 'safe zone', but we only have 4 weeks left. We trust that if a miscarriage does happen, due to being in a hospital or anything else, we know our family and friends will support us. 

Plus, he will be drinking on March 17, St. Patrick's Day, and he's pretty sure he will tell everyone he's going to be a Dad at some point that day/night.

No comments:

Post a Comment